Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Picnic in the park


Today is the greatest day of the year in BC so far for me!!! My friend Maria and I went to Mill Lake and had a picnic and quite enjoyed ourselves!
We had so many people coming up to us telling us that we were rather cool for having a picnic basket. The basket was a gift from Kirst for grad last year and it got it's first try today! Quite successful!


So this is my car ...
Drew Samuel Civ
Drew because I love that name, Samuel because I love that name but like it better as a middle name, and Civ because my lovely car is a civic!




Maria and I have learned over the past year through many phone calls and emails that we are similar in so many ways and it's a friendship that is such a blessing. Every conversation with this girl leaves me encouraged and blessed!



Cucumber sandwiches!

Our bread wasn't quite defrosted yet, so the sun helped!

These verses are a promise from God to me in this time. In everything, I trust in Him because nothing else matters at all.

Psalm 13

How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?

How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done for this wonderful blog.

tomandlynette said...

Bring that picnic basket over here! Hope you're having a super week. Wish I could be together with you and the sibs. I miss you and love you.

Kirsten said...

Looks like a great time! Glad you could use the picnic basket : ) Love you lots. Are you surviving week one? Can't wait to see you on Saturday!

Maria said...

That was one terrific picnic nadine! Everyone was definitely jealous of our picnic basket. Thanks Kirsten =).