Sunday, August 12, 2007

Steps towards goodbye


Welcome to moments in my life. Everyday is a new day where God can use me. I decided that I wanted to exclusively give God an entire year (well, 8 months) to send me somewhere and use me for whatever He wants. I'm heading off to Monrovia, Liberia in 22 days. I'm going to be working with Mercy Ships. They provide free medical for people all around the world, and they're currently working in Africa. From what I know, I get to clean a lot of rooms, give tours to visitors, get people accustomed to ship life, answer phones, and fun stuff like that. I should get to also travel to Canary Islands and Sierra Leone. I am so thrilled to see what will happen. If you are interested in information in how you can support me in anyway, please leave me a comment and I'll let you know.
Prayers are always needed and appreciated!

Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Matthew 28: 17-20

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

I love you Nadine! Glad you made this for us to follow your adventure in Africa. I am going to miss you so much!

Greg said...

Make sure you get good pictures of when you're piloting the ship. Can't wait to hear about all the exciting things you'll see and experience.

Mark said...

Awesome. God is going to use you in powerful ways Nadine. I hope you keep us updated not only on the tangible things you experience, but also on the ways God is working in your life.
Blessings, Mark Wiens

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to checking up on you, Nadine. Even though we don't live close, I feel like I'm really going to miss you when you are gone away. Guess I know how you felt all those years! Love you, Lynette

Lorrie said...

Hey Nadine! Just snagged your site off of your sisters!! We will be praying for ya, and will miss your smiling face, and will eagerly be awaiting details and pictures!!!
My cousin Rachel was on the Mercy Ships now I believe 3 years ago in Africa, and had a fantastic time!