Monday, November 12, 2007

So ... the secret!
It's funny because it really doesn't seem like a huge deal probably to you, but it is rather significant here.
As of while ago, we were told some information. We were told the information and then told that we could not communicate it home in any way. I told my Mom last week just because she's my Mom and I think that mom's have that right (to know just about everything - within reason). So, on November 30th, the Africa Mercy will sail from Monrovia, Liberia to the Canary Islands where we will stay for repairs and the holidays. We will then sail to Sierra Leone for just a few days and then come back to Monrovia for another 10 months. For me, it just means that I am here rather than Sierra Leone and have to get a ticket from here rather than there.
It's hard on a lot of the crew because Monrovia is a tough city. There is little to do, and almost anything will cost some money, and it definately is not very safe. I go out with just another girl sometimes, but I probably would not go out at night unless I was very sure of where I was going.
So yeah. Please pray for contentment to cover the crew as many people are frustrated by the decision.
Have a lovely day.
I love you all and miss you lots!
.Nadine

No comments: