Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Restless

The past week I have been insanely restless.
I can't begin to explain it but it's just, I just questioned so much about next year, but God is SO faithful and just keeps showing me that He's in control.
He's reminding me that He's already got my summer plans set from May 1st to August 15th so why am I worried about months away?
He's reminding me that the only thing I need to ask of Him is wisdom because His wisdom is more valuable than gold and silver and rubies and anything I can desire (Proverbs 8).
He's reminding me that spending 15 minutes with Him is not giving Him enough time. I need to put my whole entire day and life on the line for Him. Living for this moment with Him, cherishing each time I feel Him, and just breathing for Him.
He's showing me that He is the God of suprises and unexpected joy. Today I got a package from Lynette than she had sent in December. I never expected it to come. But it did! I got to watch Lucas and Sarah and Jillian and Carrie and Tom and Lynette and just love them. I got to hear their silly kid comments and watch Tom act like a kid while geting Jill's hair to stick up from his fuzzy sweater. I got to hear them roar. I got to watch Carrie crawl, Sarah and Jilli dance, and hear all about Jilli's future plans (which involve washing the dishes and being a pirate, taking occasional walks, living in a house, and of course taking baths and going swimming).
He's showing me that He is in control and He is with me, and to worry is not to gain.
He's showing me that He's going to have to remind me of all this again in about 5 seconds!
38 days till I get to Canada!!!


How can I write you a symphony without a pen?
Cause here I am, once again.
Full of words that can never say enough
To You, my King my Christ my Jesus

Can you hear my heart?
It’s beating for you
Because of you
Do you feel my hand?
It’s grasping for yours
Waiting here
Will you take my life?
Cause it’s yours to mould
Yours to change

Why have you given me a song but only an audience?
Of One, You are here.
Listening to me speak too many unworthy words
To You, my Lord my Saviour my God

Can you hear my heart?
It’s beating for you
Because of you
Do you feel my hand?
It’s grasping for yours
Waiting here
Will you take my life?
Cause it’s yours to mould
Yours to change

I don’t want to live this life it it’s mundane
If I’m not a flame Burning for Your glory
Because by myself I am nothing
But through Your love, Your blood, I am free
Can you hear my heart?
It’s beating for you
Because of you
Do you feel my hand?
It’s grasping for yours
Waiting here
Will you take my life?
Cause it’s yours to mould
Yours to change
Hear my heart
Nadine Schroeder
Written March 14th, 2008

2 comments:

The W's said...

Thanks for sharing so much of your heart these last two posts Nadine. Hope you are feeling better!! You are right, God does want more then 15 minutes of our day, he wants all of it. But how does that look?? I'm reading a book right now called, "God is closer than you think." The author speaks of how living life for God everyday won't change what we have been doing...it just changes how we do it. God should be a part of everything we do, little or big! Sorry, I probably did a bad job of trying to explain it. It's a great book - I recommend it.
Glad you were able to enjoy a package from family!! Enjoy these last weeks before you come home.

tomandlynette said...

I love you, baby sister (and super auntie). Hugs!