Saturday, April 5, 2008

17-21

This is daunting. I don't know exactly if that is the right word, but it fits all that I feel.

17 days, 19 hours, and 45 minutes from now (approximately-ha) I will leave this ship and a few hours later hopefully be in the air!

21 days, 1 hour, and 49 minutes from now (please be on time flight!!!) I will land in Vancouver, Beautiful British Columbia!

I feel like every single post I put up lately is me being afraid, but when I started this blog, and if you've read it consistently, you know - I'm honest here.

God's been telling me lots lately, and I think the ideas for Fall should stop coming because there is far too many! However, I think I potentially have it figured out (for 5 minutes at least) so I'm just waiting for God's confirmation, and then who knows! The world is my playground right?

Today I was out in town all day. I love Liberia. I think, no, I know full well, that I shall miss this place. There are so many things about Liberia that I do not love, but really, when I go out, I just chuckle inside because, well, I don't even really know why.

A couple prayer requests:

- My luggage. I have a baggage restriction from Monrovia to Accra of one bag. When I came I could have two bags, and so that is what I have. Please pray that somehow I will be allowed extra and that I won't have to spend a lot of money for my extra stuff.

- My heart. It's about to get broken and I will need all the comfort of God to leave this place.

- My flights. I am flying through Heathrow airport and I know that they've been having troubles lately with cancelling flights and people losing luggage. I know that as long as my luggage makes it to Accra then it can make it home, but it would be great if it can arrive with me. As well, that my flights will all be on time, safe, and that I will have patience. Flying in Africa was an experience last year, and I know it will be one again.

- My new life. Life as I've known it forever has changed since I came here. Life as I know it here is about to end. Pray that I can have peace.

I love you all and miss you and can't wait to see you.

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

I love that last picture! Can't wait to see you. Cherish these last days Nadine. What an amazing opportunity you have had. Things will change, but it is a good change. You are growing and trusting God and it is such a beautiful thing.
Love you!

Greg said...

10 days after this post you can call it 7-11!

But the bigger question, is when do I get to see you again.

Nadine said...

Well,
I don't have the big answer, but my desire is that it's soon! Keep convincing Mom 'n Dad to send me out sometime as a special 'welcome back to Canada - we've missed you so we'll send you away again' gift!

tomandlynette said...

Sweetie, things are going to work out okay for what's coming next. Enjoy the time you have left there. Live and Love richly!

We want to see you too! I have been missing you a lot. I haven't even talked with you in ages!

That last picture is fantastic! Makes me feel right there-wish I was :) Love you forever, L

The W's said...

Praying you will finish strong and leave feeling changed, refreshed and ready for the next step of the journey God has for you.

tomandlynette said...

I keep checking for an update. It's been WAY TOO LONG since I talked to you! Hope you are having a super week. Wow, the time is flying until you're back! XOXOXO