Wednesday, April 16, 2008

6-9 ... sorry Greg - I missed the day!





I hadn't realized until both of my sisters seemed to comment on the fact that they hadn't heard from me in ages that I hadn't posted in a while.



I think I'm not posting because it's the same as always.



Excitment to go home.



Fear to go home.



Sadness to leave.



Readiness to leave.



It's just a conflict of emotions.






For the past while there's a guy on the ship who's been recording with me. We have 9 of my songs recorded and in a little bit we're going to record some more. On Saturday night I'm playing a concert for whoever shows up of my songs and then selling the CD's. That's another thing to add to my plate! I want to do so many things in the next week! The next week! Oh wow! One week right now and I'll be almost landing in Ghana (or at least hopefully at least somewhere close to Ghana)!






A couple of nights ago my friend Sarah asked me if I feel like everything is my 'last' time to do things. At that point I still was in my second last week. But now it's the last week. My last lunch and dinner on the ship. My third last shift at the cafe. My fourth last day of work.






This group picture is from Friday night when we had a big game of group trouble/frustration/sorry (depending on where you're from). It was fun. My team made me captain and we were one roll away from winning!!! But that's alright! It was a whole lot of fun.








I figured that I should post a picture from the other week when I finally learned to ride the bike. My Dad and my brother and probably my sisters and Mom tried to no avail to get me to learn to ride bike, but it just never came. However now I am alright. I've only gone once, but now I know that I can. Turning is tough and stopping is still coming, but yeah, it was fun!







I leave you with a beautiful sign from in Monrovia here.


3 comments:

tomandlynette said...

I really want to come to your concert! Praying for this week. Love you, L

Greg said...

You want to go for a bike ride in 10 weeks?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.