Sunday, September 2, 2007

Overwhelmed

I am overwhelmed by the grace of God.
In church today I was supposed to be commissioned, however through miscommunication the prayer during the sermon didn't occur, however I was prayed for after the service by a group of people and it is amazing to feel a crowd around you in agreement that you are doing something good and that God will be with you.
The service was amazing. The focus was on short term missions and I was encouraged the entire way through that the path I will take has already been walked on by God.
Tomorrow.
In less than 20 hours I will board that plane.
I am excited.
I feel like these posts have been full of fear, but today I feel like God is ready and is holding me, and will be with me. Though I am overwhelmed by many things, mostly I am overwhelmed by the grace of God and the ability that He has to amaze me.
Today after buying shoes I saw a bus arriving home from a trip. I recalled how when I went to Mexico three years ago we arrived in the same parking lot. Looking over, I saw my friend who I had not been able to give a proper goodbye to. As well I saw about six people who I had not expected to see until next spring.

God is good!

I can't promise what my internet access will be in the next months, but I will update as I am able.

I truly appriciate all of your prayers and I look forward to telling you how much I felt your prayers. Please especially pray from Monday to Wednesday as I will be traveling and there are a lot of things I have to do while traveling that are scary such as changing terminals, and not knowing if one of my flights will actually occur and at what time. Again however, my Mom has reminded me that I am going in places where the national languages are English, so I'll be alright. As well, with God on my side, do I really ever have any possible need to fear? No way!

My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart. (Jeremiah 24:6-7)

Isaiah 40:3-5, 26, 28-31

A voice of one calling:
"In the desert prepare
the way for the LORD;
make straight in the wilderness
a highway for our God.
Every valley shall be raised up,
every mountain and hill made low;
the rough ground shall become level,
the rugged places a plain.
And the glory of the LORD will be revealed,
and all mankind together will see it.
For the mouth of the LORD has spoken."
Lift your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one,
and calls them each by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
But those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

1 comment:

tomandlynette said...

You're somewhere in the midst of your travels right now, and we're praying for you! Lynette, Tom, Lucas, Sarah, Jillian & Carrie