Sunday, October 7, 2007

Murder Mystery Night

Last night we had our murder mystery. I was Mrs. Elizabeth James. I was 19 years old, from England, and traveling with my Father. I was quite worried about him because my Mother died suddenly at the beginning of the year in a freak horse riding accident. I was with my husband but quickly came home to care for 'Daddy'. While I was gone my husband had an affair, so I was currently in the middle of my divorce. I really was worried about Daddy. My goals in life (as we were given goals) were to keep Daddy happy, find him a new wife, socialize with everybody, and find the murderer. I quickly learned that no one would really listen to a 19 year old.
All of the guests on our ship, as the game was a murder mystery based on a cruise ship met in the 'ballroom' for an announcement from the Captain. While he announced that the war had just happened, we all feined shock and suddenly the lights went off. When they came on to our suprise the Captain had been murdered. I of course fainted as any social 19 year old lady would. We moved to some other room in the ship and continued there. We were to talk to everybody. On my way from the rooms I found the Captain's log book in another lady's bad. I was not quite sure why she had it so I kept it until I could figure out who I could share the information with. However, as I already explained, no one listens to a stupid 19 year old. I learned by the end of the game that my Daddy's goals were to basically get rid of me. He did not like me at all. I was this horribly doting daughter who wouldn't leave her Dad alone. It turned out he had arranged the death of my Mother and if he couldn't find me a new husband he was going to arrange for me to 'disappear'!! I can't even begin to explain how frustrating it was to play this dumb girl that no one would listen to because I had so much information that no one cared about because they thought I had nothing of importance to say.
Needless to say I wasn't the murderer. I rather wanted to be. I did end the evening being engaged to a man whose wife my 'Daddy' had killed. Well. It was fun!! I can't wait until we have another one. It was a little bit long, but definately fun!
My costume consisted of material that I think is for curtains wrapper around me, pinned rather interestingly, a belt and a shirt with jewlery that I fashioned myself being the extravagent lady I was to play. It was great!








4 comments:

tomandlynette said...

What a fun party! I'm so glad I got to talk with you yesterday. Love you, Lynette

Kirsten said...

What a blast Nadine! Wish I could come be a part of your next party. So great to see pics of you. Love you lots, Kirsten
Happy Thanksgiving!

Becky said...

So glad you are having fun! Hey, Happy Thanksgiving, you crazy Canadian! May you be blessed in surprising ways!

The W's said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Happy Thanksgiving!