Monday, December 17, 2007










So this weekend definately was a good time. I headed out with my friends Stacy and Vern, rented this little car, and drove around the islands and then got a little place for the night.






As we drove around we stopped in a little town where the people were very agressive, and very much wanted us to try on their products. We tried on these jackets, and it was SO cold outside since we were way up in the mountains, and the guy told us they were 5 euros! I was close to buying one, and Vern was getting ready to pay for his, but the guy magically had not meant 5 euros, he meant more like 45! Hm .... but it was funny all the same. When we left without buying anything, the man threw Vern's jacket on the ground!


This little old man was so funny. He had his donkey and when he saw us he came over and basically pulled me onto his donkey! Her name was 'margarita' and I called him the old grunting man because he didn't talk, but he definately made a lot of funny noises. The donkey stank so bad, but it was so fun!
Not all my pictures worked on here, but he took me for a ride. Once I was on the donkey, he handed me the reins, and walked away and I was rather worried, but then he came back and we went for a little walk.

































This old man was so cute! He made us all smile.












The views were so beautiful. They use these windmills for a lot of their power. So you see them all over the island.
There was also beautiful buildings and pretty pictures just waiting to be taken!














It was great to get away just for a few days. I needed the time away from the ship.





So if you ever are heading to Gran Canaria, in the Canary Islands, let me know, and I'll tell you all the hot spots!



3 comments:

The W's said...

Great pictures Nadine!! Looks like you had quite the adventure!

Greg said...

Nice Ass! (someone has to say it, might as well be me)

Glad to see fun times!

Nadine said...

I'm glad you said it! It's not that often that I get to ride another man's ass, but you know, when offered, I may as well!