Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!
This has definitely been one of the weirdest Christmas’ of my life, and yet has been really fun!




Here is a Christmas kiss to you! Hopefully it’ll make it to your end of the world, wherever you are. I took this last night before our Christmas Eve dinner.





Almost everyone dressed up, we ate on pretty tables with red tablecloths and candy and candles, which was so special since we are never ever allowed candles on the ship, so it was great. Everyone was happy and looked beautiful.



Here is a group of us girls posing for a lovely Christmas photo











I switched cubicles in my room this week because one of my roommates moved out and her cubicle was slightly bigger, so I moved over! I’m not quite moved, but I did most of my decorating and made my bed. I still have to move all my clothes and clean and stuff, but soon it’ll be home.
















I I bought this picture this week. Both my mom and my sister have this picture, so it was kind of special to see it and buy it. I miss you both, but somehow it made my room extra nice!





These things now, this is Christmas. They’re not like the ones at home since here they don’t have chocolate in them, but it seemed like the right thing to do.





This lovely package came a while ago and I forced myself to save it until Christmas Day. It was definitely hard to do. There were days when I was so homesick that I needed to open it, but I knew that I would regret it on Christmas Day when I didn’t have anything to open.

Thank you dear Family!





However, I did have some other things to get. A tradition here on the ship is to put our your shoe on Christmas Eve in the evening and then wake to find gifts outside your door.

I had so much fun going around and filling my friends shoes and giving gifts.
I have never felt so satisfied by giving. Though simple. Just mini chocolates, pens, note pads, cookies, stickers. Yet it was suprisingly special.


I also got a lot of fun things. Some candy, chocolate, soap, gift certificate to the ship shop, and socks. Very fun!
My sister send me a great little gift of two Christmas cd’s. I am definitely enjoying them as I write this.



I wish you all the most merry and special Christmas that you can have. I miss you all so very very much and will see most of you in four months!

Be near me, Lord Jesus I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever And love me I pray
Bless all the dear children In Thy tender care
And take us to Heaven To live with Thee there

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Merry Christmas Nadine! Thanks for sharing about your day. It is fun to picture you there on the ship this day. The first picture I was going to ask you if it was the Van Gogh picture. Fun that we all have the same picture. You look beautiful! Talk to you a bit later. Love you lots : )

Greg said...

Good to talk with you today. In fact I talked with all my sisters today.

Merry Christmas

The W's said...

Merry belated Christmas! It looks like you had a special day - what a neat thing to do with your shoes! I can relate to having a different kind of Christmas this year....glad you could have a taste from home and keep up some tradtitions on your own.