Monday, January 21, 2008

Family Days

So for the past two weeks, my parents have been here with me. They arrived on January 9th. It was so fun to be at the airport just waiting knowing that I would see them.
Coming here to Africa, I didn't expect to be homesick or to need things from home but I have missed my family and friends (and all y'all whoever you are) so very much, and I appriciate so many things so much more, so it was just really special to have seen them.



Over 34 years of marriage and still so in love!

This was the view from the beach by our hotel. I was able to have 3 days off plus a weekend so we headed to a hotel and hung out.




One day my Dad went golfing (suprise suprise!) so Mom and I went on a walk to a little town a few minutes away from our hotel. It took us FOREVER because we kept taking pictures of rocks in the ocean and waves and boats and each other and lots of things, but it was really fun!



This thing here is a natural swimming pool. We didn't go in, but it would have been fun!
We rented a car and drove up a crazy road. Dad HATED it. Lynette, you would have hated it. It was winding so much.


There were lots of boat tours to see whales and dolphins but we didn't go.

The rest of these are all from Loro Parque. If you're ever in Tenerife, which I don't expect you to be, you should definately go. It's a zoo/aquarium and it's just amazing. We went to sea-lion, dolphin, whale, and parrot shows. They also had a huge penguin display with hundreds of penguins.



















The sea lions were very very funny!


This is where the parrot show was.










You may get drenched.
You will get wet!



These whals live in 22 million litres of water!

I always needed time on my own
I never thought I'd need you there when I cry
And the days feel like years when I'm alone
I love you and miss you like crazy!
Mom 'n Dad - Thanks!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Looks amazing Nadine! I am so glad mom and dad were able to come visit you. I am looking forward to seeing them now soon too! Love you

The W's said...

How wonderful that your parents could come visit you!! Looks like you had quite the adventure :)

Greg said...

Good to see you all had a good time. Great pictures

Did you guys get wet or drenched?