Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Honesty is probably best. No. It is best.

We had a medical open house on Monday and through a special "practicum" I am now a nurse!!

A few people reading will know more but basically life is tough. Work is kind of stressful. No it's very stressful. The president of Liberia is coming next week as well as lots of other things going on and only three of us have lots of experience in our department and I am one of the three, and my experience is basically only what I have learnt here. Tonight we had a Health Care thing where medical people came to the ship. I enjoyed setting up because basically I did it. I had people helping but I more or less did all the tables with another girl and moved all the food so it would look good. That was fun to have that challenge of doing that.


Decisions about the future and some stuff going on at home have caused sleep to be small and yeah, lots of restless nights lately. Yet at the same time, life is so good. I'm driven for God. He's obviously taught me so very much while I have been here and I really am working to make Him my number one! Not just an afterthought but every thought. I'm praying more and having been doing devo's lots. And the coolest thing for me is that I'm enjoying it. Sometimes it's tough. I'm reading and it's hard to go on but then the next day I'll learn so much. I'm working through a devotional called 'Perfectly Loved' and it's 30 days where I learn about different attributes of God's love for me. It's incredible.


Being back in Liberia is good. I have only been out of the port once since I've worked so much but it was nice to be out. To shake hands and be 'welcomed' back! I can't wait to get involved more. To go to orphanages. Looking on the first half when I was here, I did lots but it was for me and it was for personal gain, but now it is for Christ. I reevaluated lots and just made decisions that when I kneel before God in heaven I want to hear 'Well done!' I don't want to have to explain why I need to get to heaven. I want to see people who were changed through God using me.


Here are some beautiful lyrics.





Don't stop your crying on my account
A frightening lion, no doubt
He's not safe no, he's not safe
Are you tempted now to run away?



The King above all kings is coming down
But he won't say the words you wish that he would
Oh he don't do the deeds you know that he could
He won't think the thoughts you think that he should
But He is good, He is good.

I know you're thirsty the water is free
But I should warn you- it' costs everything
Well, he's not fair no, he's not fair
When he fixes what's beyond repair
And graces everyone that don't deserve
No-one knows him whom eyes never seen
No, I don't know him but he knows me
He knows me. He knows me.



Lay down your layers, shed off your skin
But without his incision you can't enter in
He cuts deep, yeah he cuts deep
When the risk is great and the talk is cheap
But never leaves a wounded one behind
-- Kendall Payne -- Asian

1 comment:

tan said...

Oh Nadine! You have such a beautiful heart...I know that God is and will continue to use you where you are! I always enjoy reading her updates.