Tuesday, February 26, 2008

so ... one day I chopped off my hair!

I'll let the pictures speak!




























I didn't exactly plan to chop it off, or highlight it, or yeah. I went into the salon and asked if I should chop it right before I leave, and it just happened.
We were dying my whole hair darker but I had an allergic reaction to the dye (man, my head was on serious fire!) so we did highlights instead.
So, hi, my name is 'Nadine'.
My favourite moments after were:
Anna, a young girl on the ship whom I babysit said, 'I liked it long' to which I answered, 'It's okay hun, it'll grow'.
A guy on the ship, 'What did you do today?', me, 'Well, worked in the cafe in the morning and then Sarah did my hair today', him, 'Oh, did you do something to it', 'Yeah, I cut off like five inches', 'Oh, well, it looks nice.'
This week is better than last. I had yesterday and today off since I worked all weekend, and yesterday was the ultimate change, and then today I went out for lunch and the afternoon with some friends! Lots of fun!
I learned recently through people who have read my blog who are now here, that people coming to Mercy Ships read this, so, be prepared for an amazing hair stylist! And come get Starbucks coffee from me for about $1 for a latte!
Kirsten, I miss you.

6 comments:

tan said...

Wow Nadine...your hair looks awesome!! I can't believe you have only a couple of months left, I'm sure that the time will go by fast!!

Kirsten said...

Hey Beautiful! Love the new hair. Way to go. Wish we could have chatted today. I was at work. Will be there tomorrow and Thursday as well. Maybe Friday? Love you.

tomandlynette said...

Gorgeous! The cut looks super. I like the polka-dot shirt too. Love you lots.

The W's said...

Great hair cut Nadine!! It looks great!!

Anonymous said...

Nice doo! It suits you. :-)

kari dueck said...

Looks hot! I love it!
PS...I stock you,
kari